Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Frannerd - The Illustrator With a Passion for Illustrations

Frannerd is a self-described “Chilean Illustrator living in Berlin. Coffee lover, cat hugger and pencil hunter.  Vegan, saves the world from evil and bake cookies from time to time.”  I found out about Frannerd through a long exciting process.  Over spring break, I fell in love with a lovely group of British Vloggers (video bloggers.)  One major aspect of a successful Vlog is the background image the Vlogger has on their main page.  One amazing Vlogger, @essiebuttonvlog, had one of the most creative background images.  I tried to get this image, but it is protected from copying.  Anyways, the illustrator who created that background was Frannerd.  I think that is another reason why I simply love Frannerd’s simple creativity – I really had to search to find her work.  It is so different when I find an artist versus when I know about an artist from Art History or even pop culture.  I feel like I have a special, personal connection with the artist, even though with Frannerd, she literally lives on the other side of the world.  What I also really appreciate about Frannerd’s work is how simplistic and almost child-like it is; yet, her work is also so intuitive, pertaining to human form (even when that human form has an animals head.)  Additionally,
Frannerd - February 2015
Frannerd adorns her work with such light, pastel-like coloring (created from watered down watercolor,) outlined in thinned, yet bold dark lines to really characterize her creations and evoke feelings of realistic and simplistic joy.  


        - J. A. Kind

No comments:

Post a Comment